Monday, February 24, 2014

1. Propaganda Impact

I am Big Brother. I can see and hear your every move because remember,BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU, people of Oceania. I am the symbol of propaganda, even though I am really nonexistent. Propaganda gives my creators (Party members) the ability to obtain more power over the people by feeling their heads with bundles of lies, therefore propaganda not only makes my creators eligible to use me to get power to tell the people lies, but it makes my creators feel like their powerful internally. Of course, due to the fact that I am propaganda, propaganda can't impact my choices and due to the fact that I am symbolic, I can't have any social nor personal choices because I don't exist. Propaganda is based on fraud and deceitful lies, so obviously propaganda techniques consists of lying to the people and making them feel an abundance amount of fear that they're being watched, especially because I come across as very aggressive with my gruesome face everywhere you look. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" (Nietzsche).This quote slightly touches on the disadvantage and/or advantage of propaganda, but not quite because as propaganda doesn't kill the people, it only makes my creators stronger and it just causes more weakness within the people. Propaganda doesn't equally impact my decisions as much as I impact the decisions made for propaganda because I am propaganda.

Harrington, Elizabeth. "Government Seeking Inclusion of 'Social and Behavioral' Data in Health Records." - Watchmen News. Washington Free Beacon, 16 Sept. 2013. Web. 9 Mar. 2014. 


government-control-610x400.jpg


1 comment:

  1. First off the realization of you being able to watch everyone is unrealistic itself. To everyone reading this, DO NOT BE AFRAID OF BIG BROTHER! He is only as powerful as you make him, the only propaganda he uses is FEAR. To Big Brother, the only power you have is the power that lays within that little Party of yours. You do show slight truthful ness behind the works of propaganda. Exposing the lies behind propaganda and how it is used. Although you would be my complete opposite I admire your technique of telling the truth to have people believe your lies.

    ReplyDelete